May 17, 2010

Eugie Foster

Hello,

I have been gone for a while and my wife would never argue that point. I’ve had some health issues that have placed me a little under the weather. Not sure how much time I will be able to dedicate to this site but I will chuck something out here and there. I promised Eugie Foster a showcase and although I never forgot, I sure did procrastinate.

Eugie Foster is a name in itself that sounds poetic, majestic and perhaps a little blended into the fantastic. Indeed, with further research you would discover that all of the above is true and you can add sophisticated, intelligent and highly competent to the repertoire of talents that makes the sum of Eugie Foster.

Although I have had no contact with her in a very long time (like last year) I assume she is still fine with a little free publicity.I have had numerous complications in attempting to post this so it will be in crude form. Oh well, that is that.

Truth is her websites are so concise and detailed I could hardly do them any justice.

Who is Eugie Foster? This is straight from one of her sites:


Eugie Foster: http://www.eugiefoster.com

Summary

Award-winning science fiction and fantasy writer, freelance article writer and researcher, and Editor/Director of the Daily Dragon.
Publication credits number over 100, including stories in Realms of Fantasy, Interzone, Cricket, Cicada, Fantasy Magazine, Apex Magazine, Orson Scott Card's InterGalactic Medicine Show, and Baen's Universe; podcasts Escape Pod, PodCastle, and Pseudopod; and anthologies Best New Fantasy (Prime), Heroes in Training (DAW), Magic in the Mirrorstone (Mirrorstone), and Best New Romantic Fantasy 2 (Juno Books).


Short story collection Returning My Sister's Face and Other Far Eastern Tales of Whimsy and Malice debuted March, 2009, from Norilana Books.
Articles and interviews have appeared in Strange Horizons, Fantasy Magazine, the Internet Review of Science Fiction, Writing-World, and Absolute Write. Co-authored a textbook resource on child development, published by Allyn & Bacon.

Honestly I couldn’t do better than the information already available so check her sites:

Eugie Foster Web Site:http://www.eugiefoster.com

This is her official web site chucked full of all kinds of goodies from her bio, career, talents and lists of literary works and dedication to the literary world.

Her Blog:http://www.eugiefoster.com/journal

Seriously, where does she find the time to blog? If I could do a fourth of her active lifestyle I would be happy :)

Dragon*Con

*Attention all geeks and nerds*

Eugie Foster is the Director\Editor of the Daily Dragon the onsite newsletter of Dragon*Con and is a Director of the said Dragon*Con. If you are fortunate to set foot in the Dragon*Con—and I strongly encourage anyone who can possibly attend one to do so—you would see her there hard at work and putting others hard at work if she could :) Jason M. Waltz-CEO of Rogue Blades Entertainment would gladly attest to that.
I would give my right boot to attend a Dragon*Con once in my lifetime but opportunities for that are slim for a fellow Akronite such as myself.
Well, as promised here is a short and sweet showcase of Eugie Foster.

-From the editors, writers and producers of the Christopher Marshall Showcase.

Current staff: One (and sometimes that is debatable.)
Enjoy,

Christopher Marshall, Nerd at Large

2 comments:

  1. Hope you get over your health stuff. Recently went through a hospital visit myself. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Ty,

    Glad to see someone glances at this Blog from time to time :). I'd feel better (I think) when I find out what's wrong with me. I get to look forward to a month of poking and prodding at the Cleveland Clinic.

    Congratulations by the way on Jason posting your story on the RBE web site. I would consider that a big honor, he trusts you to get people's attention. That's got to be worth something as a writer.

    ReplyDelete